Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Money

Money

Money is nothing. Money is everything. Money isn't everything. Everything isn't money. Money can preserve nature and landscapes.Money can destroy nature and landscapes. I choose to refuse. Be grateful for the nature that still exists.

(translation and interpretation from the original text by the artist made by me)

Karen Nordsø Lundberg


From the 2009 Art Promenade at the gallery in Österhaninge. This is my last photo from this years art promenade. I went back to the gallery over the weekend. I have previously met and photographed Karen, and when I talked to her on Sunday she wanted me to take a photo of one of her paintings in the show room, and mail that photo to her along with a version of the photo you see here which I have now done.

14 comments:

Don and Krise said...

Interesting words, and a painting I do like.

brattcat said...

You are not only a good photographer, but you are also a man of your word. This may be why people are so willing to pose for you.

Lowell said...

It's very beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Tim Pasqualone said...

Very nice.

Unknown said...

If the artist equates money to nothing, is that what she accepts for payment for her pieces?

I like that painting. I like paintings on textures like wood. It would have been better flat, without that little frame around it, however.

Everyone's a critic, right?

Olivier said...

bonne idée pour mettre en valeur la peinture ;)
good idea to emphasize painting ;)

John said...

Nice shot with interesting contrasts.

Amit Gupta said...

love the painting.....damn nice...thanks for sharing

cieldequimper said...

Nice painting, good caption and excellent photo.

Zannnie said...

i love that painting!

thanks for popping by
singaporedailyphoto.com

Zannnie

Lee Spangler said...

great melding of atr and nature!

Stefan Jansson said...

I figured the cutout effect would work here as the painting is the main subject in the photo. If you buy the artwork Yoork, you can remove the frame :-)

Unknown said...

you don't say?!

Unknown said...

Great post!