Thursday, August 13, 2009

Alaya

Alaya

I tried calling out to Alaya when I saw her in Västerhaninge a few days ago, but she was listening to some music and didn't hear me. So I turned to Plan B and started waving my hands, and sure enough that worked better. After quickly explaining that I would like to take her portrait, and that it was her hair that I noticed first I took up my notebook and began asking a few questions. Turns out that Alaya lives in Tungelsta, as does all the cool people. She is a health care professional and works with home care for the elderly in Brandbergen, a job that she really enjoys. I asked her if she had any fun hobbies, but as she has a young son she's pretty busy as it is. Alaya told me about an interesting trip to Turkey. Seeing all the sights and visiting a few mosques. After this chat I snapped a few photos as we could hear the church bells from the nearby church. And as it was a Saturday, I figured there was a wedding in progress which meant another possible photo opportunity.

15 comments:

Don and Krise said...

A beautiful smile, and WOW look at that hair. Very nice portrait. I'm glad she agreed.

Lowell said...

She does have a sweet smile; demure, actually! You must have a way about you 'cause if I say you waving your hands, I'd probably run the other way! ;-)

Sweet portrait, Steffe!

B SQUARED said...

You do meet some incredible people! More power to you.

Olivier said...

beau portrait, elle est mignonne et on imagine son beau sourire
nice portrait, she is very beauty and they imagine his nice smile

PurestGreen said...

How utterly beautiful! And the light on her face is wonderful. Great portrait of a gorgeous creature.

Unknown said...

Beautiful girl. The hair LOOKS nice, but dread-locks are really gross. You can't wash them, so they always smell and get stuff in them.

John said...

Great portrait; does the sun always shine where you live?

Stefan Jansson said...

You could say that when the sun is shining, I'm always out there looking for the next portrait. But is has been a good summer with a lot of sunshine.

brattcat said...

This may be one of my favorite portraits so far. Her warmth simply spills out of the frame and into the viewer. I imagine she is wonderful at her job. Go, Steffe.

Lois said...

She is a beautiful girl with a beautiful name! I love the hair too.

Home exchange said...

She has a really amazing face! What an interesting experience.

Allison said...

Steffe, Steffe, Steffe...

I think I'm going to start my own blog and call it, "Hot Guys" and I'll make sure it always sits next to your blog. Make sense? Would you like to be my first post? You, Jacob and Safe Leif might have to arm wrestle for the first spot.

I have curly hair, too. Maybe I should get dreds for coiff ease?

Leif Hagen said...

Her blouse makes me a little dizzy.

Unknown said...

@ Allison - if you start that "hot guys" blog, I will follow!

eamon@ewmphotography said...

She's gorgeous - a real natural beauty. I can see you waving your arms!