Sunday, September 12, 2010

The New Nature Reserve

Fungi




Haninge got two new nature reserves yesterday. I visited the ceremonial opening of one of them. Tornberget in Tungelsta. An area that I often visit as it is part of the Sörmland Trail.

In the slideshow you can see some of the people that attended the event. A couple of politicians were of course there and you can see Yvonne Radestam from The Green Party in one photo. She gave a speech and unveiled a new information board. If you ever plan to visit Haninge you will need somewhere to stay, and I had a quick chat with the owner of a local Bed&Breakfast. If you took a short walk in the forest there was a quiz to take part in, I had a look at some of the questions and one or two looked tricky. After that hard work there was free hot dogs for everyone! The well known archaeologist Roger Wikell were at hand to inform interested listeners about how this area looked during the Stone Age. He told me he was flying to Spain on Sunday to attend a seminar in santander. I also met my first ever Mushroom Consultant, a woman called Rut Folke. And as often happen these days I ran into a few people I have previously photographed for this blog. Two of them include The Flute Player and Tarantino's favorite actress. As you can guess I arrived on my bike and heading home I had to stop at the side of the road to photograph the wreck of a rusty old Volkswagen that the municipality for some weird reason had moved from the forest to this new spot.

8 comments:

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Goodness, that sure is a lot of mushrooms. IF you ate them all, there wouldn't be mush-room inside for dessert!

Olivier said...

belle recolte, et apres ca une bonne omelette aux champignons

Kate said...

I hope that all those mushrooms are edible. jb at Mainz has a collage of them today. Thanks for the links; love the portrait of the flute player.

Leif Hagen said...

Ditto what Great Kate said! Did you sample the 'shrooms?
Happy Mushroom Day!

Stefan Jansson said...

I wouldn't eat mushrooms if my life depended on it!

Leeds daily photo said...

As Blossom flower Girl says thats a lot of fungi! I have picked and eaten wild mushrooms, really tasty. Not yet this year though, must get out and look.

AB said...

That is an impressive fungus collection!

Stefan Jansson said...

It's been a very good season for mushrooms. I see people everywhere out hunting for them!