Friday, September 10, 2010

Look Up!

Look up!

I noticed this Super Dimona motor glider while having coffee on the veranda a couple of days ago. I ran for the camera and managed to get a few quick shots. The aircraft registration on this plane is a good one, as SE-UPH also means Look up! This plane is normally used to get a glider airborne. The plane belongs to Stockholms Segelflygklubb and I emailed them a link to my flickr photo, and figured they would like it. They said they did.

Skywatch Friday.

11 comments:

Lowell said...

You're pretty darn quick and got a great shot!

Not to worry about taking my camera...it's with me most of the time - even playing golf!

Lesley said...

that is a very clear shot you managed!

Jim said...

Great capture.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

PJ said...

What a great shot! I'm guessing you used a good telephoto lens, otherwise they were flying fairly low.

LV said...

You were lucky to get this great shot of the plane with a lovely blue sky as a background. They usually fly out of my range before I get the camera. Nice job.

Hull and Hereabouts said...

You lucky man!

Unknown said...

I have never seen one of these. It looks rather like a glider itself. Good shot.

Bill said...

That sure was a lucky shot especially if you had to run for your camera.

Marites said...

quick eye and quick hands:) great shot too! have a nice weekend!

paul said...

Fast reaction and great result. Enjoy the weekend, Steffe.

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Very good and clear shot.