Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bugged Wall

Bugged Wall

I bought a very cheap Canon PowerShot earlier this week. A just in case camera, as the old Digital Rebel is having some issues. Always fun to see what you can do with a new camera. This one only costed me 800 SEK. I shot the sky photo with it so that setting seems to work. Today's photo shows the fire bugs that lives in the tree trunk next to the cellar door. We call them Eldskinnbaggar and this shot tells me that the macro setting on the camera also seems to work.

11 comments:

brattcat said...

It sure does work!

Jude said...

Cool photo. Those are much prettier than our USian Box Elder bugs.

Leif Hagen said...

I don't usually like bugs but this photo is colorful and artsy!

Sharon said...

Wonderful shot, very sharp. Growing up in the midwest (Illinois) we used call bugs that looked like these, Boxelder bugs.

Judy said...

Beautiful bugs! Looks like you got a great little camera!

irinapictures said...

It is not camera. It is right hands.
I have not seen these bugs for long (city girl..) and forgot how beautiful they are.

paul said...

Keep experimenting! Love the results.

Peter said...

wow even the Swedish bugs are beautiful. the macro works well!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Yes, growing up in Minnesota, we saw these quite frequently. Interesting shot. Glad the point and shoot works.

Jack said...

Amazing bolorful bugs. Nice shot. I have a Canon PowerShot and love it. It fits easily into my pocket so it is there when I need it.

Adelheid said...

I'm not into bugs, but I quite like this photo. Norway and Eiker is not too far away, but I have never seen these bugs before!