Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Trick of the Eye

The Wardrobe

Look at those stairs. Do they go up or down or...

A small wardrobe under the stairs in that old house that I have shown you in the last few posts. The wardrobe was filled with books, some of which have now been thrown away. This photo was taken from the kitchen. Everyone I talk to have heard something about the house and the people that have lived here. Today I met a man who lives nearby, he'd often seen the previous owner walk by, smoking one of his cigars. He told me that he had heard that two artists had lived there. That's the first I have heard about that, but it's possible that the two women that had the house built 100 years ago was artists of some kind. If you would like to see a few more photos and read some more about this fascinating place, I have created a flickr set with photos. It's called A woebegone old shack.

3 comments:

brattcat said...

This is such a great series of photos. The house has so much character and you capture it with a very thoughtful eye.

Kate said...

This whole house is strange and fascinating. I earlier thought that I'd like to meet the former tenant, and still do because of all the books, but the one with the blue cover with the rifle gives me pause.

Stefan Jansson said...

Thanks brattcat.

It's a western story I think Kate.