Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A life in pictures

My creation


A few more photos from the fascinating old house in Tungelsta that I visited a couple of days ago. The Elephant trunk hangs on a wall on the second floor and it's the first thing you see as you walk up the stairs. Top right is from the inner room on the second floor, where there's a bedsofa, a very messy floor with lots of old postcards spread out. There's a table filled with stuff, an old TV set, and a book case (middle photo), filled with newer and older books and other objects. The wooden cabinet and the sideboard/desk are the finest furniture left. I was told by the new owners that the previous owner had an offer from someone who wanted to buy everything in the house a few years ago, but that he had turned down that offer. From what I saw here I can say that the man who lived here enjoyed jazz music. And boxing, there was many video tapes with old boxing matches. He was also a reader of history and had an interest in World War II. And he owned had a big collection of beetles that sadly had been thrown away on my visit. There was also books about churches and one jar with a preserved snake in it. I will show you some more from this old house tomorrow.

1. Elephant's Trunk, 2. IMG_7400, 3. Wooden Cabinet, 4. Tandavgjutning

8 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh my! I can see why the new owners want to tear this place down. Thanks for the tour, though.

rob said...

That's a perfect place for a horror movie! Great photos. Ciao

bitingmidge said...

This is a "don't miss" series!

Cheers!

Sunshine Coast Daily Photo - Australia

Kate said...

Wouldn't it be interesting to meet the man who lived there? I don't think that I'd like to dine with hin at this house, but he's probably pretty fascinating.

Julie said...

Much of that looks as though it may have been picked up off the streets. The elephant is a bit off-putting!

Stefan Jansson said...

No problem, he now lives in a modern apartment just a few hundred meters from his old house. You can see the apartments on this photo.

Marcel said...

fascinating story, you don't see/ meet that often..

zu said...

No wonder why they want to tear down..