Friday, January 30, 2009

A Clear Blue Sky

Blue sky at Ängshagen

This is rural Ängshagen at Vädersjövägen in Tungelsta. When my mother grew up back in the 1940ths (she lived just up the road), her family used to buy milk from the farmer that lived here, he was called Persson. Later a man called Karl Verner Olsson bought the place. He used to have ice stored in a big sawdust pile behind the barn. The ice was cut from the pond down at the old Mill at Kvarnvägen (Mill Road). During the cold winter days back then, the kids used to play on the frozen pond. The mill was around for two hundred years, until it was burned down in the 1980ths. I don't know who lives here today but I like the look of the place

Sky Watch Friday.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Your photo is beautiful. I like the look of this place too. Happy Skywatch Friday:)

Lois said...

What a beautiful sky! I really like your pictures. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

Walker said...

I grew up in a small town and knew everything about everyone and the history behind it all. When we got to San Diego it was different.

Anonymous said...

Very peaceful - like stepping back in time to a more gentle pace.

Real said...

cool pic, have fun i sverige ;)

Kris McCracken said...

That is the lovliest shade of blue.