Thursday, January 01, 2009

Best of 2008




The best of 2008 was very easy to pick. It's not one photo, but a project. Back in late February I joined the 100 Strangers Project an idea made possible by Teppo. In November I finished. It's been a big challenge and great fun. I met many people that I normally never would have had the opportunity to talk to. Every meeting was unique and rewarding. Sadly one of my strangers have passed away since our meeting. Quite a few of the people I met, I have met again, which has been great fun. Some meetings made great stories of coincidences. The father and daughter story is on my personal top five list. As is the meeting with the Princess that turned out to be almost a relative of mine! Obviously a few photos stand out from the rest but I couldn't rank them even if I had to. This mosaic shows the 12 most popular photos as of today and take into count views, comments and faves that they have received via flickr.

1. Johanna & Katrin, 2. Barbie, 3. Stina, 4. Gisela, 5. Madde & Sandra, 6. Erika, 7. Ego, 8. The Horror Nipples, 9. The Princess, 10. Annika Johanson, 11. Christine, 12. Meet The Carpenters

If you are one of the many wonderful people that made this happen, I'd like to say a big thank you as this has been the most exciting photo project I have ever taken part in. See you again next year!


This is Theme Day. The theme is Best of 2008. Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great project. I like your choice.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a very Happy New Year! And thanks for your kind comment.
Congratulations for finishing such a great project! I wouldn't yet dare attempt it.
Cheers!

Jilly said...

I've so enjoyed your series of portraits - love your collage today and look forward to more great portraits during the year to come. I too love 'people'photographs.

Happy New Year, Steffe.

Fio said...

Every face tells a story...
Great composition.
Congratulations.

Best wishes!

Kate said...

Portraits always win out for me!

Greetings for the New Year, and I wish you much happiness and good health for 2009. Kate of Visual St. Paul and Mazatlan, Mexico.

bitingmidge said...

The 100 strangers project was fantastic. I've only missed a few of your photos so the montage today was great.

Have a happy new year!

Sunshine Coast Daily - Australia

Kim said...

Steffe, I think we've all been big fans of this project of yours and I'm glad to know how meaningful it became for you. Without your conversations with these folks, they would just seem interesting images. Your stories about your meetings with them fleshed them out for us. Plus, this collage made me feel right at home, having just visited my old hometown of Berkeley over the holiday ;^).
Best wishes for good health, much happiness, some long bike rides, more interesting folks to meet, and lots of good photo ops in 2009 my friend!
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

Unknown said...

This is really cool! Congratulations on your great work.
Happy New Year!

Olivier said...

superbe montage, tes portraits sont tres beaux. Happy New Year 2009.

Arctic Dakini said...

what a cool idea!!

Clueless in Boston said...

Great choice for theme day. I'd say these photos garnered the most comments because of the hair styles of most of your subjects. I've often found that people with unique hair color or hair styles are often the most interesting people and are not afraid of the stares of strangers which is quite commendable. Good luck in the coming year and continued photographic inspiration. Happy theme day! And happy new year too. Wishing you peace and prosperity in 2009.

Jazzy said...

Happy New Year Steffe!
May all your wishes come true!
All the best.

Buck said...

Wow! That's a marvelous and wonderful montage... kudos on the project; I'm not sure I could do such a thing.

Kiwi said...

100 strangers is a great project and I'm happy for what it has given you Steffe. Have a good 2009.

Baruch said...

A great idea & a wonderful montage. Have an awesome 2009!

Stefan Jansson said...

Happy New Year everyone. It was a great project, something you all should try.Thanks for all your positive comments.