Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Chestnut

The Chestnut

Back in 2007 the pre school Kastanjen (The Chestnut), at Vallavägen in Handen had to close because of serious damp problems. A few months later the building was teared down. Now construction has begun of the new bigger school.

I shot this with the Canon Digital Rebel. To get the shot as I wanted it, I took two photos in manual mode. After aiming the camera at the closest object I turned off auto focus. I then used a stitching software and made a panorama from the two photos. And then I cropped the photo to the format that I normally use in my photos. An easy way to get a better photo.

2 comments:

stromsjo said...

Seems that we've forgotten how to construct houses properly. How old was the pre school?

Stefan Jansson said...

I don't know when it was first built. You read about things like this all the time. It's beyond me how they can mistake like this.