Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Tourists

The Tourists

This is Renate and Erich. From Switzerland. I met them in Handen yesterday. They are out on a three week long bicycle holiday. They took the train to Copenhagen. From there they have travelled on their Swiss made Fateba bikes through Sweden. A bike like this is very good for your back, and these bikes will set you back around 4000 Euro. The couple have visited Malmö, Karlshamn, and Kalmar. Their latest stop was Sweden's biggest island, Gotland. When I met them they had pedalled from the ferry port in Nynäshamn, that's a 40 km ride, and were now heading to Stockholm, another 20 km. In Stockholm they are going to a big family get-together as Renate's sister is married to a Swedish man. This is my second Swiss bike couple of 2011. Earlier this summer I met Roland and Theresa.

11 comments:

Olivier said...

superbes velos, mais cela doit faire mal aux genoux a force

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What an amazing way to get to see the country, those bikes are so cool Steffe, they look so comfortable, they must have incredibly strong legs, well done to them!

T. Becque said...

Sounds like a great trip and way to see the country!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

I really like it that you not only get their pictures, but you get their stories.

Barcelona m'enamora said...

This type of bike looks to me difficult to ride it...I would like to try it!!

Bob Crowe said...

Well, I must admire their dedication. I would be exhausted. I think I am doing well if I take the stairs rather than the elevator one floor from my office building's garage to ground level.

Peter said...

Perhaps Cadel Evans could use this type of bike in next years Tour

VP said...

Not exactly my idea of tourism and/or travel, at lest for long distances. They seems very happy, do not pollute or make noise, so I really welcome ther way of going around!

Leif Hagen said...

Those are very interesting, unusual bikes! That's a longgg bike ride from Switzerland! My Swedish cousin from Ornskoldsvik returns to her home in Sion, Switzerland today!
Glad torsdag, Steffe

EG CameraGirl said...

I bet that's a great way to tour the countryside!

Julie said...

The two couples have such different styles of bikes, Steffe. This latest couple certainly look lean and fit. Lovely portraits, and I enjoy your text.