Monday, July 18, 2011

What´s up, dude?

What´s up, dude?

Profile of a Camel

Heading home on Saturday I had to stop at the soccer pitch in Tungelsta. There was a circus in town. Cirkus Wictoria, one of only five circus groups that still tour around the country was preparing a show. My eyes were drawn to the group of camels that were resting near the big circus tent. I think that these animals belong to a woman called Jessica Bengtsson. She comes from a big circus family. I didn't see the show. When my family still owned the greenhouses at Bergdalen we were sometimes asked if it would be OK if the circus elephants could rest on a big grassy area that we owned.

10 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Haha! my but what big teeth they have!! Love camel faces with their long eyelashes, fab pictures Steffe.

Bob Crowe said...

Camels, in Sweden? What do they do with them in the winter? Really attention-getting shots.

Olivier said...

meme remarque que l'ami Bob ;)

Paul in Powell River said...

Unusual, a camel in a city setting.

brattcat said...

How thrilling that must have been to have elephants lounging on the lawn of your family home. When the image came through in thumb nail I thought I was looking at the blog from Cairo.

Amanda said...

Not something you come across every day!

Halcyon said...

Now this is something you don't see every day!

VP said...

Camels in Sweden? Luckily it is only a circus!

Mike Laplante said...

Here in North America, I don't think any circuses use animals anymore - at least not large ones. It's seen as cruel for animals.
The trend is for more Cirque de Soleil-style events that feature human performance which I find more entertaining anyway than the 'bears on a bike' thing.

Stefan Jansson said...

It is the same here these days. I don't know what the law says, but most animals are gone from the circuses. But I did get a shot a few years ago of Llama on the run!