Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Belgian Blues Man

The Belgian Blues Man

This is Steve van Pacht. I spotted him in Västerhaninge earlier this week. I told him that he was sitting on a wooden sculpture. The Rondo. Steve is from Belgium. He is married to a Swedish woman and has lived here for about one year. He doesn't talk any Swedish so he is having trouble getting a job. But this summer he has been busking in Stockholm. He plays a lot of blues and some Eric Clapton. He has travelled a bit. He lived in Marbella for a while. And for six years he was based in Bewdley, which is close to Birmingham. While living there he met Robert Plant and Steve told me that he has a photo where he is posing with the Led Zeppelin legend.

11 comments:

Dawn said...

Would love to hear him play.
Love the blues...

Luis Gomez said...

Love this one! Great portrait.

Jack said...

I like the blues. Did he play anything for you?

Randy said...

Excellent portrait.

Julie said...

Your part of the world is in turmoil, Steffe. I care about that. Keep your head clear, my friend.

Shannon said...

Catching up on your site, fantastic shot as always and fun to read the story that goes with the shot. This guy sounds interesting, I enjoy the blues. It would be nice to have that kind of talent.

Jeroen said...

Nice to see some Belgian's on your blog!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Lucky him, Robert Plant is amazing! Love the blues, great portrait Steffe.

Sharon said...

This guy has quite a background. I'd love to hear him play!

Stefan Jansson said...

He didn't play anything for me. In fact he had the guitar in the case when I spotted him on the bench.

Chrissy Brand said...

You take very interesting portraits, and I enjoy reading the commentaries too.

Thanks

Chirssy
http://mancunianwave.blogspot.com/