Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Whisk and The Donkey

The Whisk and The Donkey

Walking out from the cultural centre I noticed two cute teenage girls a few meters from where I had parked my bike. So I decided to ask them for a portrait. This is Vispen (The Whisk ), and Åsnan, (The Donkey). They are enjoying the summer by hanging out with their friends. They told me that there's been a lot of sunbathing and swimming at Lake Rudan. So I guess it is possible that they know the tough girls I met at the Lake last year. I asked them to name something fun they had done. The Donkey told me about a concert she had seen with Ziggy Marley at Gröna Lund in Stockholm. The Whisk mentioned a family vacation to Crete. The story behind their nicknames are as follows. The Donkey has a laughter that sounds like, you guessed it, a donkey! The Whisks real name is Elvira and that sounds a bit like Elvisp which translates to whisk.

15 comments:

Halcyon said...

Cute girls!

Jack said...

Two very cute firls. The way The Whisk is standing is how an actress would stand if asked to pretend to be a 14-year old girl.

Bob Crowe said...

Lovely subjects, and you got the light just right on a day with hard sun.

Olivier said...

je suis d'accord avec l'ami Bob

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gorgeous young ladies Steffe, I can't even imagine the one laughing like a Donkey, she looks too cute!

brattcat said...

they are lovely.

Birdman said...

Funny nicknames.

zakton said...

Despite the strange nicknames, they certainly are cute.

Sharon said...

What funny nicknames for such cute young girls. I hope they are having a fun summer.

RedPat said...

I envy their teenage summer -such fun!

VP said...

I envy your good weather, I would be curious to hear that laugh!

Stefan Jansson said...

We took a few photos in the direct sunlight first, but then walked over to the tree for a bit more shade.

I can record video with one of my cameras Mr. Poet, so I guess I could get The Donkey to laugh if and when I see here again!

Lowell said...

Fun post! Lovely examples of Swedish femininity! And thanks for explaining about the names!

CaT said...

interesting...
at first i kept wondering... eehmm, are those common swedish names?

Jeroen said...

Cute ladies, just like all Swedish girls!