Wednesday, July 06, 2011

The Poladroid People

Babe of the Day

Incognito

On Collision Course

I often shoot candid portraits. Either at events, or from a cafe table. Here are three recent ones that I like. The first one was funny. I noticed the smoking babe walking past the cafe, so I lifted the camera and started shooting. When she saw me I waved to her. She responded like a true celebrity and gave me the finger! You can see that photo if you press here. If you know anything about football you will recognise the guy on the second photo, although he is doing his best to stay incognito. It is Anders Limpar, one of Sweden's best ever players. I spotted him at a classic car meet earlier this summer. The third photo has a but if an illusion in it as it looks like the girl with the dog is about to collide with the cyclist, luckily that never happened. Oh, and before you say something, these are poladroids and not polaroids.

10 comments:

Mark said...

Limpar was a great player. I saw him many times in London playing for the Gunners and remember some classic goals and chants. Great to see him looking well and with a very cool hat.

Jack said...

It is a cool effect. I struggle enough with normal photo processing that I will take a pass. However, if you want to post something about how you get those diptychs, I would be interested.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I wasn't sure what poladroid was Steffe so Googled it at 7am this morning haha! Looks good, but like Jack not sure how good I'd be with the process. Think I'll just enjoy looking at yours!

Olivier said...

une petite application tres sympathique, cela rend bien

PPusa said...

I think you should post your candid portraits more often! Preferably without any steroids though... ;)

Mike Laplante said...

I hadn't heard of Poladroids but am anxious to try them now. Good catch...

As a result of your candid portraits, I've started to include more of them on my blog. A great way to strike up a conversation with varied and interesting people...

Unknown said...

I use Poladroids sometime. It's a great little app and free too.

Stefan Jansson said...

Limpar was one of the participants in this years Champions of Champions. A great reality show where a group of very famous and retired Swedish sport stars live together in a villa for a few weeks as they fight for the title as well as get to know each other. Limpar made it to the final where he lost to Ingemar Stenmark. I know one of the contestants in next years show. Linda Haglund, who was, and still is the fastest woman in the country. I have done a portrait of her in this blog.

They are quite easy to make Jack. I have described how to do it it before, probably in a comment in a previous diptych.

The process is automatic, so all you have to do is drop a photo on the application and one minute later your poladroid photo will be finished.

PPusa, I usually do that a few times every year.

Both candid portraits and street portraits are fun Mike. It's always fascinating to stop someone on the street and ask for a photo and a few facts. I did that today and I will probably post that portrait on Friday.

CaT said...

i like those.... :)

Gunn said...

Interessant og flotte foto i polaroid stil!