Friday, July 29, 2011

1956 Ford Fairlane

1956 Ford Fairlane Victoria


If I see a vintage car that I like I will always try to get a few shots. On this occasion it was a 1956 Ford Fairlane at a filling station in Handen. Luckily for me the owner, a truck driver from Skogås, had a few minutes, so he moved the car into the shade after I took the above photo and you can see the rest of the shots in the slideshow. He turned out to be a real car enthusiast and a former raggare. I mentioned two people I had met and photographed before, and he knew both of them. For some odd reason I didn't ask about his name, probably because I had decided to focus on the car. His aim with this car was to get it as close to the original as possible and that can be expensive. We talked a bit about the fact that 5000 vintage American cars are imported to Sweden every year, and that that has led to that many Americans now fly to Sweden to try and buy a few of them back.

11 comments:

RedPat said...

That is a beauty - I can see James Dean with his arm out the window of that one. When I was in Sweden several years ago I noticed all the really well-preserved American cars!

Leif Hagen said...

OMG - it's in mint condition! A breath-taking beauty of a car! Det kostar sakert valdigt mycket pengar! Oj da!

Bob Crowe said...

It's just pristine. There is beauty in it, but for most of us a car is a means of transportation, not an object of veneration.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beautiful old classic in amazing condition, so shiny that I think we might have gotten a glimpse of you in the reflection hey Steffe! Nice work! Have a great weekend.

John said...

What a beauty, they don't make them like this anymore. Maybe just as well with fuel prices, but they certainly make a statement.

Andy said...

Nice car and great photos that do it justices.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous!!

Randy said...

Now that is something to see. I love it in black too.

VP said...

Vintage and absolutely well kept!

Jack said...

This whole Swedish fascination with old American cars is hard to figure out. But, you have a good eye and I enjoy seeing your images of those old beauties.

Erwin Calverley said...

Sweet! At first, I thought that the car would look much better if the color was flashier. Like red - as that shade's often good at giving a bit of razzle and dazzle. Still, black is charming in its own way. It helps make the car look much smoother and sleeker.