Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I notice things. And from my bicycle I spotted The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo close to a park in Handen. Her name is not Lisbeth Salander, but Sofia. She's from Tyresö, a neighbouring municipality to Haninge, although she has lived here in Handen for about one year now. I asked her if she had any plans for the future. She told me her recent difficulties with figuring out just that. She attended the media programme as a secondary school student because she enjoys photography. But there was so many other classes there that didn't interest her so she quit. Then she had an idea about becoming a hair dresser, so she started that programme. But after a while Sofia realised that it was the wrong move, so she quit that education as well. Third time's the charm so Sofia then decided that perhaps Business economics was something for her. So she started reading that, but again she could not finish that programme. But now with hindsight, she will probably go back and finish that programme. She bought a digital camera together with her mother, but haven't been able to use it much, as her mother also enjoys photography, so as soon as she gets enough money, a new camera is on her list of items to buy. Oh, and the cool tattoo cost her 5000 SEK.

20 comments:

RedPat said...

Cool tattoo! Pretty expensive though.

Gemma Wiseman said...

This girl lokks like quite a character!

Jack said...

This is a tough stage of life, just trying to sort out the choices. Good luck to her.

Paul in Powell River said...

Well seen!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What an amazing tattoo and such a pretty girl. I have to say Steffe The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and the sequels were fantastic reading, so exciting I couldn't put down, did you read them, the movies are pretty good too!

Mo said...

A great dragon

Stefan Jansson said...

I have read the original Swedish books, and I really enjoyed them. I have seen all the movies and the TV series. I am yet to read the English translation, but I will probably do that one day. It will be interesting to see the Hollywood version when it is released.

Andy said...

Nice tattoo and nice photos. I always wonder why some people get tattoos where that can see them.

Birdman said...

I'd love to be around when she turns 70 to see what this looks like. An old timer I know got one in the service WWII era. I said, when I first met him, I love your dolphin on your arm. He just laughed hysterically, "It was a nude dancing girl in 1945". Good luck to her dragon! hahahaha

T. Becque said...

Well at least she's not afraid to try things.
By the way, your nun photo below is fantastic.

CaT said...

oooh, i love bridman's story, it made me laugh out very LOUD!

i really hated the books.... i stopped after the second. i saw the first movie and thought it was better than the book, which is not a very good sign. im so amazed it became such a hype!

now steffe, is it true that you swedish people drink that much coffee all day long? thats what i remember most of this book. he drinks coffee, he eats a sandwich, some more coffee. coffee again... :)

Rob Siemann said...

Pretty girl with a pretty tottoo!

Stefan Jansson said...

We do drink a lot of coffee. I visit my favorite cafe for two cups pretty much every day, and I drink a few more during the day. But looking at some statistics about this, I noticed that the USA were ahead of Sweden and that the Finns held the coffee drinking record.

Montreal Photo Daily said...

It's a very nice dragon tatoo! Let's hope it remains a dragon and not morph into something else...
Enjoy the weekend!

tHis is Belgium said...

Original tattoo, girl and photo !

Doug Hickok said...

Your portraits are fabulous! And the information you find from your subjects are fascinating. I've read the Larsson trilogy, and seen the original movies. Now I await for the Hollywood version. Wonderful blog Steffe. I love your self-portraits, very creative work :^)

CaT said...

oh, btw, i really like the second photo...

i think in us you cannot really call it coffee what they drink, its heavily diluted with milk/cream, sugar and often ice.....

i once was at a seminar where speaker explained single-molecule tracking by the strength of coffee. in italy; many molecules per cup. in... (i forgot) somewhat less, in the US; one coffee molecule per cup... :)

Jeroen said...

Nice portrait of a lovely girl with a great tatoo!
I like to photograph ladies with tatoos as well!

Lowell said...

I'm not judging her and I don't think she's a bad person but I can't understand why a beautiful young girl wants to deface her body with rings and tattoos.

Great portrait, Stef.

Kitty said...

I don't usually like tattoos, but that one looks really well done.

I don't blame her for taking her time to figure things out. Choosing a profession is such a huge commitment.