Friday, June 17, 2011

Tess Mercedes

Tess Mercedes

I first saw Tess at a summer festival in Brandbergen on Saturday when she was singing with a band called Doktor Krall. They play music from the 1950s and 1960s, and she joined them on stage for a few songs. Imagine my surprise the very next day when I noticed her walking towards a classic car meet in Handen. I stopped and told her that I had taken a few photos of her the day before. She recognised me and told me that she was singing with the same band at this event as well. An our or so later I spotted Tess talking to Rune Thorsell, a guy I have met at a number of events before. He owns a few very cool cars and motorcycles, and Tess now asked me if I could take some photos of her in front of his Ford Crown Victoria. As she posed a helicopter took off and the wind moved her dress around a bit, and that's when I took this photo that Tess now have decided to buy. I really like coincidences like this one.

18 comments:

Birdman said...

Yo, Mama!

Jack said...

It is fabulous, Steffe. Her personality jumps off the page. I can see why she wants the picture.

brattcat said...

It's a wonderful shot and Tess is a beauty.

Judy said...

That is a great story..and picture. I love the movement of her skirt.

Bob Crowe said...

Just a terrific picture. Reminds me of an old Buffy St. Marie song "I'm Going To Be A Country Girl Again"

Julie said...

Buffy St Marie - haven't heard that name for yonks!

Terrific shot, Steffe. The stars were certainly aligned for you.

Is that the style of number plate in Sweden. Looks like some of the plates available down here.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

You forgot to write about how you arranged for a helicopter to generate a breeze.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You certainly get to meet all the pretty ladies Steffe, that certainly was a well timed breeze haha! Gorgeous picture.

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha ha, sorry about that Dave! Two helicopters were busy all day flying over the area. For 300 SEK you got maybe five minutes in the air. One of the people I usually meet at events like this one told me that he had a shot that I didn't have. He had gone up in the helicopter and taken some photos of his Chrysler from a sky perspective. I will have a listen to that song Bob. Tess dad was a well known man in the music industry. He owned a record company and wrote a few songs and lyrics to many more.

That's how they look Julie. Although I think you could use plates from any EU country these days.

janerowena said...

Well done! I have a friend who is a photographer, I know how hard it can be.

T. Becque said...

Really nice portrait! I like the movement in it.

RedPat said...

Great shot! Pretty woman!

Anonymous said...

It's a great portrait, I'm not surprised she wanted a copy. It's lovely and summery too.

Gunn said...

Super bra!!

Ben Nakagawa said...

Absolutely wonderful portrait and story.
Thanks fro sharing and congratulations for sale.

Alan said...

Great shot, Steffe, it has a lovely, natural feel to it.

BrandNewStudio said...

WonderfulWorkThankYouForSharing

Unknown said...

Your portraits are always fantastic!