Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Summer Festival

The Smiling Police Officers

The Clown



I visited a Summer Festival on Saturday. In Brandbergen. That's where I met Jacob and Åsa. Two police officers working from the Brandbergen station. It was a warm and sunny day, and everyone seemed happy, so it wasn't a very hard day for the officers. But they were in fact bribed during the day. I happened to overhear that conversation, so I demanded the same bribe, and a minute later we were all enjoying a free ice cream! I also met the new Mayor Martina Mossberg and we talked about politics for a while. I mentioned that I would blog about the festival and Martina told me that she had seen some of my photos. Two good bands were playing. Indoors you could listen to The Taxi Stand Steel Band. I have seen them before and they are always fantastic. The other band I saw was Doktor Krall. They play music from the 50s and 60s. They were joined by a singer called Tess Mercedes. Everyone gets hungry during a festival so there was a BBQ run by a local association called Samarkand. They got a bit exited when they noticed my camera, and a bit disappointed when I wasn't shooting for a newspaper. You could also enjoy African food. I took a portrait of a young man called Hesam, he is a police volunteer and a future police offer, we discussed photography which is one of his new hobbies. I also snapped a photo of a colorful clown who was busy making balloon animals for visiting kids. To see all photos (including a mishap for the police offocers), check out the slideshow above.

6 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

Looks like a fun summer festival indeed! Did someone say ice cream....

Luis Gomez said...

Great pictures Steffe!

Anonymous said...

Cool photos...

Barcelona m'enamora said...

Very colorful! One of the things I like more about summer are the colors in the street!
Pilar

Birdman said...

We have one today Old Port Fest. It'll be rained on... BIGtime.

Sharon said...

You got lots of great shots Steffe. Everyone looks like they are haveing a good time.