Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Board

The Board

This is the board. The guy in the hat with the moustache is the chairman. His name is Kjell Kronqvist. I met the board at a recent visit to the art gallery in Österhaninge, when I had a closer look at the 2011 Art Promenade. The theme this year is Meetings. This artwork was made by Marie-Anne Kronqvist, who is married to the chairman. This was made as a bit of a joke, at least that is what Marie-Anne told me. When it's windy the heads of the board members go back and forth, like they are all agreeing with the chairman! I will show you a few more sculptures from this years promenade in the coming weeks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paper mache' is such a fun medium... well spotted and captured!

Julie said...

Big headed with little of substance to hold them up, is that what I am to take from this.

Like it!!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Haha! Steffe, I like it that it's supposed to be the board....ON A BOARD!!Fantastic..

Sharon said...

I haven't seen a true paper mache sculpture in a long time. This one is very clever.

Gunn said...

Kreativt og "arty"

VP said...

I was relieved that she considered this only a joke, which I find extremely funny and original.