Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rebel Without a Cause

WTF Are You Looking At!

Rock'n'roll never died

How to ride in a Raggarbil

I visited a car show over the weekend. A fun event with sport cars, classic cars, unusual cars and also of course, the odd Raggarbil, which is what you are looking at here. It's a very Swedish subculture. People with a love for the US, and especially the cars and the music from the 1950s to the early 1970s. If you would like to read more about this subculture, try this article from guardian.co.uk. The guy you see here is Jonne Engström who was one of the co-drivers in last years season of Sweden's Worst Driver. In a few weeks time the world's largest classical car meet will take place in Västerås like it does every year. More facts at the official web site for The Big Power Meet.

8 comments:

Olivier said...

tres bon la deuxieme photo avec le bras qui sort du coffre ;)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

How fantastic Steffe, the article by the Guardian was so informative,I didn't know any of that. Amazing to think there are so many people committed to this lifestyle,such fun, especially now that there is no fighting!! Funny, the hand sticking out of the boot, I saw one in Perth a while back and really did a 'double take' hahaha!

VP said...

This is too funny, I whish I were there (with my camera obviously)...

Kitty said...

the hand hanging out of the trunk is a hoot.

Rae Walter said...

Looks like a great show to go along to. I have a 70s car, so can understand why people love them.

kat said...

There's a "Sweden's Worst Driver" too? I thought that was just American... :P Cool cars.

Jack said...

Very interesting, Steffe.

Stefan Jansson said...

The show has been around for a few years. I have met and photographed another guy (also a Raggare), who has been on the same show! He is the President of the biggest Raggar organisation in Stockholm.

If you follow a link on my post for this Friday you can see a very fine car with one of those hands!