Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Hey there, Buddy

Hey there, Buddy

Amazona aestiva

The colorful parrot resting on Sandra's shoulder listens to the name Kompis (Buddy in English). I spotted the parrot at a bus stop yesterday and decided to stop for a chat and a photo. The dude in the sunglasses is Sandra's boyfriend Pasi. They have been together for a few years. Both are born and bred in Haninge, although Pasi lived in Skogås for a while. Sandra is a hobby photographer so I told her about the advantages with flickr. Pasi told me that they travelled to Finland with Kompis last summer. The parrot decided to stay up in a tree and quickly became a big hit with the local squirrels!

14 comments:

CaT said...

who won? the squirrel or the parrot? :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Good spotting Steffe, it's nice to meet new people and even nicer if they let you take a picture!!

Olivier said...

un bel oiseau

Stefan Jansson said...

The Parrot as he is still around!

Anonymous said...

Well done, Steffe.

Diederick Wijmans said...

All your photos are wonderfully crisp clear and clean. Beautiful portraits with exactly the right words accompanying them. Bravo Steffe!

Lowell said...

Very strange and fascinating. We see people with parrots on their shoulders here in Florida on occasion, but I would not expect to see such in Sweden!

Mo said...

I wouldn't have expected to see a parrot in your part of the owrld.

Birdman said...

Neat portraits again.

Jack said...

Steffe, you have a knack for encountering very interesting people.

VP said...

An unusual pet to carry around, but quite colorful!

Karl said...

Cool !! Well done!

Stefan Jansson said...

Thanks Diederick. It's a popular pet Jacob.

Pasi told me that he was very happy that I stopped for a chat and a photo. He said he saw me flying past them on my bike and when I spotted the bird I stood on the brakes and that caught his eye.

Sharon said...

I have heard that parrots make wonderful pets and that they are very loyal.