Sunday, May 19, 2024

That Old Tree

That Old Tree
A long-time Flickr friend, who used to run Utata, (sort of), wrote a post on Facebook yesterday. About an organized bike ride called Beer 30. With two pub stops and with hundreds of riders. Sounded like a lot of fun. I read it while resting on a bench at Skogskyrkogården in the late afternoon sunshine. Greg, as he is called, is a big fan of the old tree, so after leaving a comment on his Beer 30 post, I decided to ride over to the Swedish Whitebeam. Took me 65 minutes or so. I arrived just after 1800 hours. The first thing I noticed was the moon. I then heard the tractor. It was the farmer, Jan, from the 700-year-old Nödesta farm, working hard out on the fields near Klems kulle. It was nice to see that the tree is turning green again. As I am typing this, I am getting ready to go through a few hundred photos taken over the last week. That will take me a few sittings. I am roughly a week behind on editing. I blame the warm and sunny weather for that. And looking at the forecast for next week, it just says more of the same. Poor me!

6 comments:

JudithK said...

Aha. So it is doing well. And you seem to be as well, if dealing with 100 photos doesn't take your spring bloom off. Hope you enjoy...

Stefan Jansson said...

I can shoot one hundred photos on no time at all, in a few mibutes time. Usually they are all good so editing goes quickly. Just some straigthening and cropping. Unless it is a big panorama, with twenty or so photos, that can take some time to fix!

s.c said...

Coming up strong again. Great old tree.

Sharon said...

Perfect weather to be outdoors. The tree is looking good.

RedPat said...

It's good to see that the old tree is happy after winter.

William Kendall said...

The tree has woken up to spring.