Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Déplacé·e·s, Valeriia

Déplacé-e-s Valeriia Déplacé·e·s, Valeriia Déplacé·e·s, Valeriia Déplacé·e·s, Valeriia Valeriia
Have you ever tried shooting a big panorama on a square where like a hundred people are trying to unveil a massive photograph of a refugee girl from Ukraine? Me neither until I did just that at Sergels torg a couple of days ago. Part of the Déplacé·e·s, Valeriia by the artist JR. He has travelled the world for several years with these big photos of refugees from different countries. As per usual when it comes to me, I had no previous knowledge that this event would happen, I just walked right into it. And as I took the top photo with my mirrorless Canon R, I could hear the security guards behind me informing each other with what they knew about what was happening, so I decided to stick around for a minute or two. Anywho, the second photo here is a 12 photo panorama shot with my 60mm lens on the old Canon 77D and then stitched together and cropped a bit. The third photo is a classic wide panorama. It is six photos stitched together, photographed the easy way from left to right as I hoped that the people taking part in the project would be standing still for a while. In the fourth photo we can see the artist JR, he is the guy using the megaphone. And in the fifth photo we can see a part of the photo with Valeriia's face.Looks like a problem displaying the third photo in my post, trying to fix that.

9 comments:

roentare said...

That is a hell of a job to stitch up

Stefan Jansson said...

Something weird going on with the wide panorama here, not showing at all, or just the middle part. That is a first!

s.c said...

Still nicely captured.

biebkriebels said...

Impressive way to open a piece of art.

Sharon said...

What a fascinating event. I'm glad you were there to capture it.

Catarina said...

Wow! You did a fantastic job!!
I am so glad I passed by today. : )

Luis Gomez said...

These are great! The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago in DC I ran into one of JR's events. He even took a huge portrait of me. I still have it.

RedPat said...

That is a wonderful project. You did well catching it at various stages.

Stefan Jansson said...

How cool is that!