Wednesday, May 22, 2024

A cemetery picnic

Katarina kyrkogård Katarina kyrkogård Cemetery lunch Cemetery picnic
It was another glorious Summer day. I had just walked through a part of Södermalm in Stockholm called Mosebacke when I decided to head over to the Katarina church and cemetery. The church was completely destroyed in a fire a few years ago, but have since been rebuilt. As I expected, the green lawns at the cemetery were filled with groups of people lunching, picnicking or just sitting down chatting away with friends. There are a few schools in the area and I noticed a steady stream of summer dressed teenagers walking through the cemetery as well.

8 comments:

s.c said...

Great as always stefan.

Sharon said...

This looks so pleasant.

Catarina said...

They keep "them" company. I am guessing "they" don't mind.

RedPat said...

Often a cemetery is the only large green space available in the heart of the city. I like wandering through them but I'm not sure if I would like a picnic there or not.

Stefan Jansson said...

No, no one minds. This is how it looks at every cemetery in the city.

Stefan Jansson said...

We have big green parks everywhere. Most of them designed a century ago. It is a very green city built on many islands.

roentare said...

Images like these make me smile.

William Kendall said...

Odd spot for a picnic.