Monday, May 20, 2024

Out walking

Multi colored polka dot dress Övergångsställe Waynes Early afternoon Günters korv
Out walking in the wonderful Summer weather. I chatted with a meteorologist yesterday, Linnea, and she informed me that Summer arrived to Stockholm back in late April, so we are already seven weeks into Summer. Top photo shows people at a stop light outside The Central Post Office Building. It was the woman with the multicolored polka dot dress that caught my eye. Further down Vasagatan, it was the young woman that made me take that photo. Waynes is a popular place for a "fika" here. And if you would rather go for a salad, that is next door. Walking back to my bike parked at the Central station, I noticed the man with the headphones. We finish with an iconic hot dog place at Karlbergsvägen. Started by Günter Schwarz forty years ago. Sausages served with his special sauce, the hojhojsås. Günter is no longer with us. A character in the novel The Dying Detective suffers from a blood cloth after eating a sausage here. The new owner of the kiosk plays himself in the TV series.

10 comments:

s.c said...

Sitting quiet, just looking around and press the button. Also my cherished stay of time.

Catarina said...

I would sit down for a while and do people watching, too.

Stefan Jansson said...

I am always out walking when I shoot street photos. Just a quick stop when I take the photos. Years ago, when I used to visit a local café in Haninge I would often shoot while sitting at the table.

Sharon said...

Everyone is dressed for summer!

RedPat said...

I love your people shots.

Catarina said...

Walking, absolutely, the best way to know a city . : )

Stefan Jansson said...

I did a combined walk/bike ride today. Much colder this morning. The temperature dropped ten degrees Celsius, but just as I arrived home the Summer heat was back.

Stefan Jansson said...

More to come.

roentare said...

Your street frames infuse so much summer energy into me.

William Kendall said...

Very sunny shots.