Monday, May 13, 2024

Kaknäs Tower

Kaknästornet Life Rings
Two photos showing Kaknästornet at Gärdet in Stockholm. And also a sculpture called Life Rings. Whenever I see the tower, I think about my childhood friend Mikael. We would often take the elevator up to the top of the tower. They had a restaurant there, and we would buy something to drink. Often with a straw, and we would then shoot chewing gum on the people below, using the straw! I haven't seen Mikael for a few eons, but I know that he worked as a photographer for many years. Oh, and the tower is closed for visitors since a few years, which is a shame, because the view from up there is pretty good. Tha canal is Djurgårdsbrunnskanalen. Very popular year round.

5 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

It looks like a fine example of Brutalism as you would say. I am sorry the tower is not open to visitors. I love views from above. Are there any other places to see the city from above?

Stefan Jansson said...

Many. I have shown you several of them multiple times.

RedPat said...

I like Life Rings a lot especially in that shot.as it seems to glow.

Peter van den Besselaar said...

I do like the sculpture, nice picture

William Kendall said...

Both appeal to me.