Monday, July 24, 2023

Stockholm Street Photography

Armed Yawning Tourists Another day, another marching band
I went for a walk in the old town. Planning to photograph the tourists. It was warm and sunny, but hardly any people at the big square, which confused me for a minute before remembering that it was time for the daily changing of the guards over at the Royal Palace. And to Andy, yes they march every day during the Summer I looked it up. So I headed that way. I only took four photos and here they are. An armed guard, kinda pretty me thinks. In the second photo we can spot one very tired guard yawning away. And in the third shot, some of the missing tourists. I tried walking into the courtyard but gave up because of the huge crowd there to watch the changing of the guards. And a last photo for Andy. The marching band, spotted near the Palace a few minutes later. Oh, and the headgear tells me that the soldiers are from Livgardet.

6 comments:

roentare said...

I love the shot with the yeaning officer!

Andy said...

All dressed in WHITE... awesome sight!

William Kendall said...

We have a similar rite here, but I haven't photographed it since before Covid.

Bill said...

They must be hot all dressed up in their uniforms.

RedPat said...

The band looks great in their white outfits.

s.c said...

A lot to see in the streets in summer. Nice.