Wednesday, July 19, 2023

A bit of a mystery

Kornhamnstorg
This is Kornhamnstorg. A square in the old town, close to the water. Just across the street from where I sat down and photographed the passing cyclists a few times recently. I also noticed the construction of this outdoor seating area for a restaurant/café at the square, and as it was brand new, I snapped this photo. Then two days ago I noticed a few workers busy removing parts of it, which I found a bit strange as it was just a few weeks old. And then yesterday, it was gone. No clue why. I guess I need to investigate.

7 comments:

roentare said...

Maybe the owner does not want to pay for the outdoor space fee

biebkriebels said...

That is strange, maybe it was a "Fata Morgana"....

s.c said...

Indeed very strange.

Bill said...

Very weird indeed. You'll have to put your investigator hat on.

RedPat said...

Maybe they didn't have the correct permit for such a structure?

William Kendall said...

I thought the same as roentare.

Stefan Jansson said...

Yes, my first thought was some sort of permit issue. I did a news search but found nothing. I have asked a Stockholm newspaper about it and I emailed them my photo. I will update you when I learn what happened.