Sunday, July 30, 2023

On the border

Architecture Hammarbybacken Skistar Between two cities Grönska
If you enjoy modern architecture, Sickla is always a good place to visit. I took the top photo from Hammarbybacken, a ski hill used for recreation year round. The hill can be seen in the next two photos. This part of Hammarby sjöstad sits just on the border between Stockholm and Nacka and to prove that I also snapped a photo of the boundary marker. The one from Nacka is a mill wheel. The Stockholm one is Erik den helige. Eric IX of Sweden. And it is also the border between city and nature. There are trails and gravel roads everywhere here. In the fifth photo I just missed a couple of kayakers as I wasnt quick enough with the old Canon for once.

6 comments:

roentare said...

In the first pic, I thought a person did a dive causing a splash in the water lol. The ski field looks pleasant to visit in summer too.

Stefan Jansson said...

Fun story, last Summer while walking up that hill, it started to rain really hard. I turned around, walked carefully down as a hail storm got under way. Waited out the weather under a roof for half an hour before biking home in the rain.

Luis Gomez said...

Nice shots! The view from those apartments in the first picture must be great!

William Kendall said...

The last is my favourite.

RedPat said...

The last scene is lovely.

s.c said...

By the first one I thought that someone dove into the water from above. But no it's a fountain. Funny, everything else looks wonderful.