Wednesday, July 26, 2023

A Summer day in Sweden

Sweden Vasastan
Out riding my bike a while back, I decided to stop at a favorite spot for a bite to eat. It is a popular promenade that follows the water at Kungsholmen, called Kungsholms strandstig. The walkway and the cycle path is usually very busy, especially with runners, and people out walking their dogs, so you have to be careful when riding here. Unfortunately for me, the place where I had planned to sit and watch this view was closed off for some repair work that was yet to start. So I grabbed two quick photos before riding another kilometer to Hornsbergs strand, where I was able to sit down for a few minutes. The building here is Karlbergs Palace, I have shown it to you before. In the second photo, you can see parts of Vasastan.

7 comments:

s.c said...

That blue and yellow is really a stunning color combination .

roentare said...

These buildings are certainly classic and well captured on camera

Andy said...

Actually... it looks so peaceful.

Bill said...

A perfect day for being out in a boat.

RedPat said...

Perfect summer shots.

William Kendall said...

Lovely architecture!

Jack said...

The image of Karlsberg Palace, with its symmetry, the flags, and the centers boat, is a winner.