Thursday, April 23, 2009

Portrait of two smiling women

Portrait of two smiling women

A while back when I was out on a bike ride, I met these two smiling young women. This is Nathalie and Camilla. They were out on a promenade with Camilla's baby, and said yes to a portrait in front of the burial site at the Medieval church in Västerhaninge. It's my third portrait here. Last year on 080808 I met a man who was going to get married, he was dressed in a kilt (I'm still a little upset that no one took the time to leave a comment on that post). And in May I met a Bride & Groom. But back to the smiling girls. Both Nathalie and Camilla lives here in Västerhaninge. Nathalie works at 3 ,a mobile operator. Camilla is on parental leave. Normally she works at Coca-Cola in Jordbro just like two other people that I have met and photographed for this blog.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dude
Now that was a beautiful portrait.
And a great story as always!

VP said...

I agree, great story as always. The background is so unique that surely adds to the grace of the prortrait.
Only a question: where is the baby?

B SQUARED said...

You are really capturing something in these photos. By the way, I love the Kilt.

That is the chicken said...

Like vogon I'm wondering where the baby is! The old churchyard looks like a fascinating place too.

Lois said...

They have beautiful smiles and I really like those birds on her dress!

Stefan Jansson said...

Thanks Karlstad. The baby was sleeping in the pram and is just to the right. The churchyard is where all my deceased family members rest, my paternal grandparents have what must be the biggest gravestone there.

Mo said...

She doesn't look old enough to have a baby!

crocrodyl said...

Love your way of blogging! We all know more and more about Swedish society thanks to you! Very very interesting and fine!

EG CameraGirl said...

Both are lovely young women with nice smiles!

Small City Scenes said...

Wonderful portrait. I like the kilt too!! Sorry no one commented. Next time. I am glad the baby is nearby. LOL!!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I will be back. MB

Sally said...

Coca Cola must be a very large employer in your town.
Sorry I haven't been commenting much lately - combination of life circumstances. SDP has had a 3rd birthday and you're invited to the party!
Sydney Daily Photo

Clueless in Boston said...

Beautiful portrait of two very lovely young women. Interesting back drop for a portrait.

Lowell said...

What a couple of cuties. Saw the guy in the kilt. Why was he wearing a kilt in Sweden. In my town, that could get him kilt!

Stefan Jansson said...

I didn't ask how old they were (That would be impolite). Around 900 people work at Coca-Cola. And they have something called the Coca-Cola Xperience Center where you can test the five senses. A interactive game that is popular with all the visitors to Coca-Cola.

Anonymous said...

These are nice looking portraits. All of them.

Julie said...

I agree that you are taking portraits of some very interesting people, Steffe. I am fascinated by how young these two look - which tells you more about me than about them!