Monday, May 12, 2008

Bride & Groom

Bride & Groom

Traditionally the Pentecost weekend is very popular for getting married in this country. So I wasnt all that surprised to see this happy couple having their wedding photos taken close to the Västerhaninge church on Saturday. I figured they were 100 Strangers material and walked over for a chat. The wedding photographer, and his helpers (probably the Best Man and the Bridesmaid) looked very busy, so I decided to make it a short stop. Closing in on them I recognised the photographer. It was Clintan. I said hello, explained what I was up to, and took a few quick shots. This is Rickard and Jenny. They live in Västerhaninge and have two kids. After the ceremony there was a wedding party at the nearby Bygdegården for 65 of their closest friends and family. Any wedding trip planned, I asked Jenny. Yes, we are flying to Las Vegas on Sunday morning! I wished them a happy day and a great time in Las Vegas. This is my 30th photo for the 100 Strangers project. You can see the rest of my strangers in my Set.

3 comments:

Ineke said...

i think that whole project is very nice and you are doing a great job with it!

Stefan Jansson said...

Thanks. it's one of the best photo projects I have ever tried. I still get nervous before I walk up to people, but it's a different kind of nervous if you know what I mean.

Petrea Burchard said...

This is great! I really like the 100 Strangers project; your flickr set is terrific.

Hi Ineke!