Thursday, April 09, 2009

Petronella & Bettina

Petronella & Bettina

You have to love those names. Petronella and Bettina. I saw them sitting on the bench at the Västerhaninge commuter station the other day, talking to each other, and enjoying the sunshine, so I decided I wanted to take a portrait of the girls. Turns out they are sisters. Bettina, in the sunglasses lives in Tyresö and is currently looking for an office job. She has a unused flickr account and I'm hoping she will leave a comment and perhaps start uploading a few photos. She was quite intrigued by the 100 Strangers Project that I told the girls about. Petronella, the younger of the two, who lives in Farsta, is still at school. Studying film at Kulturama, the leading school in Scandinavia for artistic studies at the post-secondary school level. She also enjoys photography, and who knows, maybe she will also set up a flickr account now. Thanks for the chat girls!

8 comments:

ninja said...

Their names remind those everlasting Brazilian tv-series.

Lowell said...

It must such a chore to find beauties like this, interview them, and photograph them.

If you should get tired of it, however, I would reluctantly lend you a hand...

Arnaud said...

I like your 100 strangers projet, that a very good idea to meet some people !!

VP said...

Both could be old fashioned italian names. I didn't know of the project, I think that it is a great idea.

Stefan Jansson said...

I hear you Jacob. If I need a hand you will be the first to know!

The Strangers Project is the best photography project I have seen since I joined flickr five years ago. I knew when I finished it back in November that I would have to continue shooting street portraits and I would urge everyone to give it a go.

cieldequimper said...

Ladies, we aren't safe anymore. Two guys have just teamed up... ;-) Nice shot and nice idea too.

Lois said...

That is a great shot and they both have beautiful names!

Antjas said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such wonderful comments. I visited the 100 Strangers site today since I'm home sick and I see that you were one of the top 5 contributors. Congratulations. You certainly captured some unique characters. It took me a year to get up the courage to join CDP, but hopefully I'll figure out how to be a part of the Strangers project much faster.
As for favorite trees, I have two and the one in my picture you mentioned is definitely one of them.