Saturday, April 18, 2009

Outdoor Coffee Break

Samiye

Samiye was enjoying a cup of coffee in the sunshine at Poseidon's square in Handen when I approached her and asked if I could take a portrait. She laughed and said that sort of thing happens to me all the time. A while back on her birthday her friends surprised her and she spent a day at a photo studio having a couple of photographers taking model photos of her. Samiye ( it's a Turkish name), lives nearby in Brandbergen, and works at a hair saloon at the mall in Handen. She stays fit by going to the gym. She loves dancing. And reading and travelling. After this chat I took a bunch of photos before Samiye had to run back to the hair saloon.

8 comments:

Antjas said...

Steffe, Steffe, Steffe, How on earth do you manage to get all these women to pose for you? I know, you must be accompanied by a cute puppy or a cute baby. Women can't resist those two things.

Lowell said...

I think Antjas asks the right questions. I can only think you have one hell of a smile and a winsome appearance.

Whatever, love the portraits...even the Turkish girls in Sweden are gorgeous!

Pierre said...

So much great portraits in this blog! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Great portrait shot, Steffe!

VP said...

Another very good portrait in your gallery. And every one is so different and personal.

Julie said...

She is quite quite gorgeous, Steffe. Made even more so by your photograph. How many are you up to?

Stefan Jansson said...

I'm closing in on 150 portraits. I did actually meet Samiye today. She had been travelling and hadn't had a chance to look at my photo of her.

Sally said...

She is beautiful and your photo does her great justice too.