Thursday, August 29, 2024

Purse dogs

Really? Purse dog
I visited a street party a while back. It is called Nytorgsfesten. Held around Nytorget on Södermalm. In the hipster part of Stockholm. Street food. Street music. Street anything, really. I came home with quite a few photos from my two visits on this day. Since it was anything street, I figured I needed at least a few street portraits, so here are two such photos. I believe the dogs are sometimes referred to as purse dogs. Probably became popular because of Paris Hilton.

6 comments:

s.c said...

Yes you see those a lot these days.

RedPat said...

I like all dogs but can't imagine having one that tiny.

Bill said...

Not much bigger than a cat.

roentare said...

Love that first shot. She is looking back at you

JudithK said...

I always hope those purse dogs are treated well...And I recall as you do that it became a thing with Paris Hilton. I remember telling the daughter of a friend that a dog was NOT a fashion accessory as I felt sorry for the little thing. She's still speaking to me and that was years ago.

William Kendall said...

You wonder what the wee dogs think.