Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Long story

Long story
I leave a comment on a police portrait photo on Facebook in a Stockholm group, while resting on a bench at Vattentorget in the Old Town, because I have also photographed that police while he was out on his Segway. Hasse, (the coffee drinking Chef), makes a funny comment on that photo, we don't know the photographer in question btw. An hour later, I respond while sitting on another bench, this time at the Skogskyrkogården cemetery. I also ask Hasse if his grill is up and running. He lies, and says yes. In reality, he has just sat down in the garden at Lövhagen in Nynäshamn, where he is enjoying something to eat and drink. So I call him, and I tell him that I am hungry, and that a BBQ at his place in Norrby would be nice. It has been three years since. I am a forty-minute bike ride out, I say. It is the same for him, although in car terms. So we decide to do it, despite it being a weekday afternoon, because the weather is amazing. I inform the third party, Jujja, before riding towards Villa Blåmes. Two hours later, we are eating. And drinking. We also talk to the very old cat. I drink at least three whiskey and cognac drinks too many. Both Hasse and I enjoy ice cream with cloud berries after the very heavy dinner, as he got three kilos of the expensive berries from a friend up North for free. Jujja can't eat any ice cream, he is already full, and a little later he makes his way to the bus stop for the ride home. I stick around for that last whiskey, before riding home the last 15 km in the warm Summer evening. Let's just forget about the horrible hangover I had the following day, okay?

6 comments:

JudithK said...

I cannot believe you were able to bike home after all that! Whew. Glad you made it. And that you had such a fine time!

roentare said...

This is a really colourful day

RedPat said...

I'm surprised that you didn't walk the bike home. A good day though.

Bill said...

The price you pay for a great day. :)

Stefan Jansson said...

That would have taken several hours, Pat. Now, maybe 30 minutes on empty bike paths.

William Kendall said...

Hangover Indeed!