Sunday, July 28, 2013

Henrik

shades The Headless Cyclist
I rode up alongside Henrik in Handen a couple of days ago. I asked him if his bike was the dirt cheap cruiser from Biltema. When he nodded, I told him about Benke's pimped version. If you want one you can buy it here. Henrik is from up North but has lived in Stockholm for many years. He works at Dagab in Jordbro. One of his interests is tattoos. I noticed quite a few skulls on his left arm. His first tat was the name of a favorite band, Tool. There's also a Life & Death tattoo. As he is a rocker I told him about the annual rock festival in Tungelsta. Trädgårdsrock in two weeks time. I shot what I thought should be a very cool Brenizer style photo with Henrik on the bike, but the stitching software disagreed and the headless photo was the best result I could get! Oh, and two people have pointed out that the fork is mounted backwards on this bike. Click here to see Benke's pimped version.

6 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

It also looks like he should raise the seat a little, as it looks somewhat small for him.

Linda said...

Neat portrait!

Lowell said...

I do not understand tattoos or why people get them. I also do not understand why the bike is forked backward. :)

VP said...

If I remember well my bike days, a fork mounted like that is quite dangerous... Well, maybe not at the speed of that bike!

Bob Crowe said...

I'm not usually a fan of the mostly-B&W-but-a-little-color technique, but it works well here.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looks like a good day for biking Steffe, catching up with interesting strangers is a bonus :)