Thursday, July 25, 2013

Another Summer Ride

1964 Impala
We import 5000 vintage cars from the US every year. And restore them. Some of those cars are then returned to the US when American buyers find them in Sweden (for a much higher price of course). This 1964 Impala has been in traffic over here for just one year. The blonde and rather attractive driver were enjoying ice cream with her kids when I asked if I could take a few photos. The owner turned up as I was finishing shooting. He opened up the trunk to show me the impressive subwoofers.

9 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Beautiful!

Lowell said...

In some ways those were great cars - all that chrome. They were heavy and rode well. But they weren't anywhere near as reliable as cars are today.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I learned to drive in my parents' 1963 Chevy Impala, which was certainly not a convertible.

Unknown said...

Great car, great shot!

RedPat said...

My mum had a '63 that I would drive all over town and just put $1 of gas in it. Boy have times changed!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Cool car. I like your perspective.

Jack said...

Enough of the car. Where is that attractive blonde?

Stefan Jansson said...

She drove off with the kids, the car owner and another dude.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I was just going to say, great car Steffe but I'm sure your male readers would have preferred to see the blonde..and Jack said it for me :))