Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Anna

anna
We have had a few sunny days of late. So yesterday I decided to shoot at least one portrait, and this is it. I was taking some photos at Lake Rudan when I struck up a conversation with Anna. She was out walking her dog. She had recently taken up photography again after a ten year break and was planning to get a few photos of the dog. Anna told me that she is an outdoor person, two other interests include painting and jewellery design. We talked a bit about photography and I tried explaining the Brenizer method that I have been experimenting with for a while. Follow this link to see a portrait in that style that I tried on Anna.

11 comments:

Lowell said...

Another one of your fine portraits...you could go into business doing these!

And I really like than other style you mentioned...I did check out the photo on Flickr and it's amazing how sharp and distinct she is. But it sounds like a lot of work.

Luis Gomez said...

Nice portrait Steffe.

Bob Crowe said...

Lots of personality in the portrait. Never heard of the technique so I looked it up. Sounds like a lot of work but worth a try.

Clueless in Boston said...

Very nice portrait. Good luck to Anna with her photography.

Milandailyphoto.com said...

what a wonderful portrait!!!enjoy sunny days

Stefan Jansson said...

It's well worth trying Bob. I'm sure you have both the lens and the knowledge to master this technique. Google it and learn it!

VP said...

Another fine portrait of yours, with a nice subject. I do not know much of that method, only what you have already said to us, but it's way too complicated for a lazy guy like me!

Kay said...

Nice portrait! I'd not heard of your method. . .I think I'd need a tutor to try that one.

Dianne said...

Lovely to see sunshine in your corner of the world Steffe. Light softly brushing Anna's face .... beautiful!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wonderful portrait Steffe, she looks so fresh and cool. I fear I will never understand the Brenizer method!!

Stefan Jansson said...

No worries Grace. I will write a post with a few examples and an easy explanation.