Thursday, March 21, 2013

Modern Day Runestone

Modern Day Runestone
This is a modern day runestone. Made by the talented Kalle Runristare. You can find the stone in Handen, the inscription reads something like: Residents from many different cultures from the housing cooperative had the stone raised after forty good years, may happiness and peace reign on Earth. Kalle did the carving. It's a beautiful work of art if you ask me. To see more of Kalle's work check out his web site here. Oh, and I did of course shoot this in the Brenizer style so this is 12 photos shot with the nifty fifty lens. I hunched down close to the runestone, took one shot with auto focus on. Turned it off and shot the rest on manual. Setting used:f-stop 1,8. Shutter speed (1/3200). ISO 100 and white balance on Sunny.

9 comments:

Jack said...

Isn't it unusual that contemporary artists have chosen to work in this ancient style? I like it but don't really understand the artistic intent.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

It would be a challenge to take this photo with the extreme white of the snow in the background.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Nicely done..

Dianne said...

A beautiful capture of a beautiful stone . Thanks Steffe for sharing with us the settings you used for this image.

Lowell said...

Very interesting and superb photography!

Bob Crowe said...

What a lot of work - for you, I mean. The chicken with the key puzzles me.

Stefan Jansson said...

The actual shooting took under a minute. The stitching is fully automatic most of the time so I can't really say that it is hard work, but I kind of like the effect I get most of the time.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I really like it Steffe, the blurred background shows off the stone so much more effectively. Nice work indeed.

Hilda said...

I think it's lovely too, especially with a blessing like that.