Friday, March 29, 2013

Stone Wall

A Wailing Wall
Funny how the mind works. As soon as I noticed the stone wall in Handen I thought about The Music of Chance. If you haven't already done so, read the novel by Paul Auster. Or if you are lazy, buy the DVD. When this work is finished there will be two stone walls here. One hundred meters long on both sides of the new walkway that will take you to and from the Port 73 mall. I tried my best to talk with the wall builder, but we couldn't understand each other I think he was from Eastern Europe somewhere.

4 comments:

Janet said...

I love stone walls, but building them sure takes a lot of heavy lifting!

Clueless in Boston said...

I definitely will look up that book, thanks for the tip. For awhile I was quite taken with building a stone wall like that. I got books out of the library and thought about it, but never actually undertook the project. Here's an interesting article about them in the NY Times.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I'm with RamblingRound, they look great but I will leave the heavy lifting to someone else.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love stone walls Steffe, but easier with the small flatter stones.