Sunday, October 08, 2023

Ten flea market photos

The lookalike The Americans Fredlös An eye for details Stamp Collector Hötorgskonst Haymarket Photographer Pretty girl of the day Available seating
I first thought that I had just photographed Donald Sutherland. But I guess it must have been a lookalike. I took two photos of the American couple. I walked around Haymarket for maybe thirty minutes. They did not move during that half hour, which impressed me, but they did do a lot of talking. The outlaw couple in the third snap were visiting from Finland. The ACAB sign is not very popular among local police, btw. The man in the next photo seems to be an expert, at least that is what I read into his close look at the print. Next we have a stamp collector looking for that find that will secure his old age. Hötorgskonst is a fun Swedish word. That kinda describes the painting by Arne Aspelin in my sixth photo from Hötorget. It was a warm day, so bringing some beverages to the flea market was probably a good idea. I spotted at least three other photographers, and here is one of them. I titled the ninth photo pretty girl of the day. We finish with a photo I took while resting on the stairs to the Concert House.

8 comments:

s.c said...

As always nice photo's again. We can't have enough flea markets to recycle.

roentare said...

I love their hand gestures and facial expressions!

Sharon said...

Great candids. That is a very busy market.

RedPat said...

I want to go to this flea market and just watch the people. Thanks for taking us along.

Bill said...

Great photos of the market. People just these markets and so do photographers.

William Kendall said...

People there certainly like this.

JudithK said...

So much to see and think about in today's post. Americans, huh. He certainly looks entitled enough. But it is a striking photo!! And it took me a while to translate the Swedish term for kitsch, which is German....surprising me, that the Swedish word would be longer as German seems to have really long words for everything, though maybe not words for disapproval. Maybe that last is key. Thanks for another fine tour and a good 15 minutes of looking and thinking....

Stefan Jansson said...

Lots of tourists here. As well as visitors from other parts of Sweden.