Saturday, October 14, 2023

The conversation

The conversation
Taking photos at Skogskyrkgården, a man that really needed to talk to someone joined me. He asked me if I had seen the moon this morning and asked if I knew what was next to it. Venus I said. He then asked about the sixth chapel here, but I never understood which one he meant. He also needed to tell me a few facts about an entrance to the cemetery across the road, and about the new askgravlund there, and he seemed a bit disappointed that I knew about that one as well. Then came a few words about birds. He then mentioned a photographer that only took the same photo here all the time. So obviously not me, although I am sure I have met the guy once before. Next he talked about the old Greeks and how they lived for 72 years and that had something to do with Venus and bla bla bla, and I have to admit to giving up on him at that point. Sorry about that. Oh, and he also showed me a bolt that he had found on the street. And a day after I posted this photo to Flickr I saw him again. This time very upset that a Japanese tourist had dropped something in the wrong bin! So as the tourist walked away, the talkative man opened the bin and took out whatever it was and put in the other bin while talking loudly and shaking his head as the poor photographer tried his best not to see or hear anything.

5 comments:

Jack said...

This is a lovely spot. It was kind of you to give that lonely man a chance to speak with someone. I don't usually have the patience.

Bill said...

Quite the conversation. The man probably spends a lot of alone time.

RedPat said...

Being a woman, I would avoid him. Although I have had people tag along with me when out for a photo walk and one has to be pleasant to them.

roentare said...

Usually Japanese tourist is more cultured than Chinese ones.

William Kendall said...

I wouldn't have the patience.