Thursday, October 05, 2023

The story behind the photo

The story behind the photo
I am on the bike. I spot the old Fiat as it leaves a shopping center and passes me by on Nynäsvägen in Handen. So I think, there goes a missed photo opportunity. Minutes later, I see it parked at Vegabaren. So I cycle that way. As I close in, the owner stands in front of his car admiring it, while snapping away with his smartphone. So I ask if he would mind if I take a photo as well. No, you could take a lot of photos if you would like to. So as he walks in and order some food, I take my photos. A guy working at the fast food joint walks by with a big green garbage bin. He says something about the beauty of the old car, I agree and continue taking photos, not realizing that I now shoot with the autofocus turned off. Something I just realized yesterday morning while looking at a few very blurry photos. But the first bunch came out okay, and here is the first photo I took.

5 comments:

roentare said...

What a classic and gorgeous shot.

s.c said...

Great car with its own personality. Seldom to find these days.

RedPat said...

What a great old car.

Bill said...

What a classic beauty.

William Kendall said...

Well taken care of.