Sunday, August 20, 2023

Taller-than-wide

Jens Kiil Trumpeter The Future's So Bright Really? Mother&Child M/S Nya Hjelmare Kanal
Six photos from around Stockholm that are taller than wide. Jens Kiil is a former fishing ship built in Norway in 1951. Today based at Skeppsholmen. The guy with the trumpet noticed me as he was playing at Götgatsbacken. Just a day or two earlier, I photographed him playing with a friend at another place in the city. If you have good eyes, you can spot several versions of me in the sunglasses from a store at Sergelgatan. I noticed the surprised woman near Sergels torg. The Mother and Child sculpture can be found at Skeppsholmen. No idea about the artist. On the opposite side of that island, you can jump on the ferry Nya Hjelmare Kanal for a ride around town.

7 comments:

roentare said...

Beautiful street candid shots as usual. You do look like someone who loves shopping sunglasses looking suave

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha, just now I am trying to decide which shades to use for the daily bike ride!

s.c said...

And so sharp that the photographer is clearly seen in the sunglasses. Another round of excellent street photo's Stefan.

Sharon said...

Great series of photos. I think I see you in the reflection of those sunglasses.

RedPat said...

I love the tours that you take us on.

William Kendall said...

The sculpture is fascinating.

Stefan Jansson said...

No luck yet in finding out who made it.