Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Järnvägsparken

The Staircase Mr.Walker Sheraton Paréa
Down the street from the Centralstation in Stockholm, along Vasagatan, just across the street from the Sheraton hotel, surrounded by traffic, there is a place called Järnvägsparken. Supposedly a park. Well, it was back in 1870 when it was created together with the railway station. Modern traffic have eaten away on the "park" since then, and today it is just a sad place if you ask me. But if you ask the City, they will tell you that it has been fixed up with flowers, places to sit and more. Any who, I stopped there to take a couple of photos and those are the last three in this post. The sculpture is called Mr. Walker, made by Jan Håfström. The facade is the Sheraton Hotel. The other sculpture is a work of art called Paréa, made by Ingemar Svensson fifty years ago. The staircase is, well, it goes up to a busy street, and it was from up there I snapped the hotel facade.

5 comments:

s.c said...

You picked just the best parts of the park by the look of it. Very nice.

RedPat said...

I like that 1st sculpture a lot.
I stayed at the Sheraton when I was in Stockholm.

roentare said...

Great glimpse of cities through these frames. Art

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots!

Jack said...

I like the geometry of the staircase.