Saturday, August 05, 2023

Coincidence?

At Six The Fishery
This is a very expensive hotel at Brunkebergstorg in Stockholm. Called At Six. Opened by the Norwegian billionaire Petter Stordalen. The second photo shows The Fishery, a very good seafood restaurant at the hotel. I took these photos while out walking a few days ago, shooting mostly facades. A couple of days later, I get a call from my brother. In town with his girlfriend for four days. They live in Barcelona. No time to visit me as he had a very busy schedule. We are staying at this 5-star hotel, he tells me. At Six. And as he has a Gold or Diamond card because of all his flying, they always upgrade him to a top floor suite, seen in my photo. When we talked today, he was back in Spain. The best meal they had in Stockholm was at this seafood place, The Fishery. My second photo, so we laugh about these coincidences. Me shooting his hotel and dinner place without knowing he would be there two days later. He then sends me a photo of three books that his business partner's wife gave him. One of the books being the novel I am currently reading! The Ministry of the Future by Kim Stanley Robinson. Always fun then things like that happens.

8 comments:

roentare said...

Your brother is trying to impress his girlfriend, I guess. Looks very fancy.

JudithK said...

Synergy, not just coincidence.

William Kendall said...

Quite an establishment.

Sharon said...

I love it when things like this happen.

RedPat said...

It is in the stars that you went to take shots there.
A friend gave me that book at Christmas and I read the first few chapters and became so depressed with it all that I have put it back under my pile of books to read. It is so close to reality that it scared me.

Bill said...

Very upscale. I read that book a few months ago and liked it.

Stefan Jansson said...

Same here. I read the first two chapters last year, tgen put the book away, and only picked it up again this Summer.

Stefan Jansson said...

I read his Mars trilogy a few years ago.