Tuesday, August 01, 2023

A Royal Garden

Robot lawn mower Rosendal Palace Venus The tour guide
I totally forgot about the theme day which is Garden. Luckily for me, I visited The Rosendal Palace pavilion at Royal Djurgården recently. It used to be a Summer palace for parts of the Royal family. It dates back to 1820. Built for Karl XIV Johan. Designed by the architect Fredrik Blom. It is a museum since more than 100 years. Open to the public during the Summer. You will often see people sunbathing on the lawn in front of the Palace, or families out having a picnic. If I had remembered about the theme day, I would have walked over to the garden, but you can read about it here. Oh, and the sculpture is of Venus. And in the last photo, a tour guide asked a question about an historical event that took place here, and one of the people in the group knew all about it. So the guide said, well, I guess I will tell that story to the rest of you then.

5 comments:

roentare said...

Well centred and polished photography has to come from you.

s.c said...

A flower fountain. How nice.

Bill said...

The garden is pretty impressive with the nicely displayed flowers.

William Kendall said...

Magnificent.

RedPat said...

That works really well for the theme.