Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Young and Old

Flying High

Eldsjäl

A while back I visited the motor-stadium at Högsta in Haninge when they had an open house weekend. The racetrack opened in 1976. At the track you can watch Rally, Folkrace, Offroad, Rallycross and Crosscart. Not sure who the kid in the photo here is, but he was a good motocross racer that's for sure. Second photo shows 85-year old Nils Södergren from Västerhaninge who you have met on this blog before. It's mostly thanks to him that the high flying kid can race here as it was Nils and a friend who started it all back in the 1970s. I talked for a while with Nils and he told me a few interesting stories about his involvement in the club.

6 comments:

brattcat said...

love this portrait, steffe. he reminds me of my dad.

Leif Hagen said...

I hope he had a safe landing! Nice capture up in the air!

Jack said...

What a great pairing of photos, Steffe. I got a good laugh. Even though I have a couple of decades before reaching the older man's age, I was thinking that jumping like that is surely only for the young and strong (and foolhardy)!

PPusa said...

The kid must be a former ice hockey player who realized that he has a much better chance to become a world champion in motocross! ;)

Anonymous said...

Cool dudes...

Alan said...

Great action shot, but I really love the pic of the older guy, Steffe.